The 2008 Olymipcs not only showcased the best athletes in the world, but also the best commercials in the world. Clearly, the marketing opportunities are huge during Olympic broadcasts and several companies stepped up to the plate. The following commercials are the best of the 2008 Olympics - they are engaging, compelling, and inspiring.
10. Coca-Cola: Bird’s Nest
9. GM: I Was Made For You
8. Home Depot: Sweat
7. Visa GO WORLD Series: Michael Phelps 8 Gold Medals
6. GM: Gas Station/Chevy Volt
5. Coke: Olympics and Special Olympics
4. Visa GO WORLD Series: Kerri Strug
3. Nike: Courage (I’ve Got Soul)
2. Visa GO WORLD Series: Come Together
1. Visa GO WORLD Series: Derek Redmond
And a Bonus… the worst commercial of the 2008 Games.
McDonald’s “Golden” Sandwich Commercial
categories: Branding Commercials Random Bites